Wednesday, June 06, 2007

2nd trip to Kelong Acheh

I'm sitting in front of the computer at 6 am in the morning cos I had a bad dream and woke up. Just had 3 hours of sleep. It's raining out there. Should be a nice time to sleep but I can't seem to stay asleep for long. I should be tired, I just came back from kelong acheh in mersing (www.kelongacheh.com) ytd night.

Still lazy putting off my plans to write about UK so I guess I'll write about kelong acheh for the moment haha... This is the 2nd time I've been there, with almost the same group of fishing kaki. The first time was a bit of a disappointment because we couldn't get any big fish. But it was still a comfortable place to visit as far as kelong's go. Big clean rooms, abundant water supply to take bath in, many bathrooms, good seafood, nice view.... It's a 5 star kelong compared with others in the market.



In charge of catching bait ^


Well, this time we got a better result. 6/7 todak (long blue-green fish with sharp nose) and one parang (aka sai dou yu.... u know the fish they use to make fish balls with).

Group photo with the catch of the day! (well, some of it anyway, the rest is in our stomachs)


The todak that was caught weighed nearly 2kg. Personally, i think it looks beautiful. The bones of the todak are also blue-green in colour. The flesh however.....hmm can't describe it. The texture not smooth enuff for my liking haha.... we gave the rest of the fish to a family that stayed at the kelong at the same time as us.

I may not have caught this fish, but I caught the bait that lured it in >.<

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

songs
intro
links
me
archives
wishlist
My Photo
Name:
Location: 九州

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Adopt dogs and cats at PetFinder.my

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


adopt your own virtual pet!

Free Blog Counter

web stats Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Search, Blog Directory Sign the Petition
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
Hire Me Direct
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lilblackdog. Make your own badge here.


SMS ON LILBLACKDOG to 22700 for updates on my twisted life
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com