Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Why Avril Why!!!

I've been listening to the radio and I noticed a song that has gotten a lot of air time lately. Recognized immediately the vocals of Avril Lavigne, what I didn't recognize was the style. I used to like Avril. She was full of spunk, full of that angst that a rock chick needed. The songs that she wrote had meaning, and whenever I needed a little pick me up or felt angry, I used to turn up the speakers and blast her songs full on. I used to like her unique style which was later copied up by young girls worldwide. You know, the tie with a t shirt icon. Later she dyed parts of her blonde hair black, which I thought was cool.

I dunno if she has gone soft after she got married last year. But take a look at these album covers.
Left:
Year 2005 spunky rock chick with a deep dark side. Ineresting.

Right:
Year 2007 bubblegum trash pop without a hint of rock or attitude. Boooring.... I'd rather choose Britney.

Listening to this song Girlfriend, I find utterly no meaning behind this song and the Hey Hey You You's are getting really tiring halfway into the song. Melody is repetitive and I sense hardly any climax at all.

You know what, this song would be exactly what that @$#%@%^@% Alice would be singing.....yes.. exactly! Take a look at the lyrics.


Girlfriend Lyrics

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

songs
intro
links
me
archives
wishlist
My Photo
Name:
Location: 九州

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Adopt dogs and cats at PetFinder.my

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


adopt your own virtual pet!

Free Blog Counter

web stats Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Search, Blog Directory Sign the Petition
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
Hire Me Direct
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lilblackdog. Make your own badge here.


SMS ON LILBLACKDOG to 22700 for updates on my twisted life
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com