Thursday, March 20, 2008

Buy Handmade~~

In a twist of fate a few months back, I chanced upon Kelly's bloggger blog. We have quite a few things in common, she's in Ipoh and she's a fellow craft enthusiast, fellow etsy shop owner and fellow process engineer in the semiconductor industry. She mostly sells felt food patterns in her shop and her signature 'inchies'.... her etsy shop is kiiss.etsy.com

Why do I like to make handmade stuff so much? Maybe its because I feel it gives that item its own uniqueness and each of them conveys my thoughts and feelings when I make them. The item is uniquely designed and each one is different in its own way. You'll never get 2 exact same items. Sometimes when you want something in a particular pattern or color, you just have to make it urself and u'll be guaranteed 100% satisfaction.

Sis & me always used to joke that 'handmade is another word for ugly'..... haha... as in.... Ooooo that bear looks 'handmade' ....o.O Actually it just means that the little imperfections in a handmade product is what makes it unique and endearing to you. We still keep that lopsided eeyore with his rastafarian hair, cos he once dropped in the toilet bowl, and we blowed him dry with the hair blower till it fried his hair....-___- Sometimes you get tired of all that machine made perfection.

More reasons as to why we should buy handmade at buyhandmade.org.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

songs
intro
links
me
archives
wishlist
My Photo
Name:
Location: 九州

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Adopt dogs and cats at PetFinder.my

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


adopt your own virtual pet!

Free Blog Counter

web stats Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Search, Blog Directory Sign the Petition
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
Hire Me Direct
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lilblackdog. Make your own badge here.


SMS ON LILBLACKDOG to 22700 for updates on my twisted life
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com